Thursday, January 15, 2009

Live with a Purpose

Today I woke up, struggling to remember my dreams, wrestling with myself to get out of bed, afraid that my toes will begin to resemble popsicles in the 20 degree weather. I sat listening to my yoga station on Pandora, trying to find peace of mind but it was hiding today. Deep breaths. Mantras. I begin with yoga, and I start to feel warmer, so I switch to Qigong Sword Fingers. As my focus centers on my fingertips I begin to emit energy through my human handguns (like Clint Eastwood in 'Gran Torino', which I never would've guessed as #1 in the box office).

Following this, I received a rather profound experience at work. This probably happens to acupuncturists and healers all over the world frequently, but today was a first for me (in my own practice). The connection I had with my patient reminded me why I chose this field. I worked with her for two and a half hours, giving full body acupuncture, ear acupuncture, and moxibustion for her pain. Without needling locally, we saw immediate results. She was in disbelief and her eyes were watering as she thanked me incessantly. I, in turn, thanked the medicine and everything in the universe that made it possible for me to study this and have the wisdom to help others. I listened, she listened, and the result was balance instead of a tug of war.

It made me even more enthusiastic about the possibility of studying in Hangzhou, China in mid-March. If you are a practitioner of Chinese Medicine and would like to go for one month to study at the Zhejiang College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, please email me!!

No comments: