Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello 2009

Happy New Year to all! I apologize for not blogging in December but I felt the need to end 2008 with personal reflection distant from the glare of a computer screen. I hope your holidays included lots of peace and love, a few treats, and a sense of renewal. A new year can be celebrated by all, regardless of religious or political views, relationship status, or background. It recalls memories of the past and hopes for the future. 2008 will be a year that I won't forget, particularly because it is the year I took the California State Board examinations on my birthday, said goodbye to the beautiful people I met in San Francisco and picked up where I left off with my loved ones at home as I started my own practice. This has been a year of change (or challenges) and being in DC as the Obama's move into the White House is going to be sensational! I am excited for all that is to come in 2009, the year of the Ox.

I know it's difficult for me to have resolutions because I always forget about them. I do enjoy, however, seeing those around me motivated to start anew; making plans for the gym three times a week, eating healthy, setting financial goals, meditating or practicing yoga daily, or quitting smoking. It's quite alright if your resolution is the same as last year, because it takes time to change habits, maybe even years. There is always room for improvement, and I myself would like to enjoy more volunteering or creative projects. Is there anyone out there who would like to join me? Is there anyone that may need a volunteer for a good cause?

I would like to write more for my readers in the new year but I need some topic suggestions. Ask me anything and you'll hear the truth!

Health and Happiness,
Kim

No comments: