Thursday, November 6, 2008

They Call Me Auntie Kim


What a joyous week-first Obama, & now this! I would like to express how happy I am that I am not 3,000 miles away.
My sister gave the gift of life to my darling little nephew today. She did it au naturale (us Nguyens are hardcore) and out he came-the cool, calm and collected newborn that I met an hour after birth. The joy of having a new person in our family, the first to continue a lineage of Vietnamese/Italian/English/German heritage, the first grandson on either side, the first great-grandchild for Ba Ngoai...what a special being he is, without any clue of it. Undoubtedly, with four aunties and three uncles he will gain lots of attention, but I think his mother and father are completely enamored by his presence and I cannot imagine the emotions or thoughts running through their body and mind.
Looking into his eyes, hearing his sounds while he sleeps, no picture could ever do justice to life and how precious it is (although I will be taking plenty of pics)!

No comments: